Saturday, October 15, 2011

Ubuntu upgrade from Natty Narwhal 11.04 to Oneiric Ocelot 11.10 - ReNoise keeps on tickin'

I decided to upgrade Ubuntu on my first generation netbook from 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) to 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) the other night. 

I followed these instructions on howtoforge.com, with the addition that before I clicked the 'Upgrade' button, I first clicked the 'Install Updates' button in the bottom right corner of the Update Manager window to ensure everything was up to date first. 

The upgrade process went pretty smoothly and after the restart, 11.10 was installed successfully. 

All my icons, including the shortcut to ReNoise, were still on the desktop. I started ReNoise and quickly ran a few of the ReNoise song demos to make sure everything still worked. It could have just been my imagination, but it seemed to load a bit quicker, and everything worked as it did before. 

If I run into any problems, I'll note them on the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment